Sunday, December 18, 2011

New Territory: Puppies & Fabric!!

If you've ever met me, you know how much I L-O-V-E my dogs. So why has it taken me this long to combine two of my passions- puppies and painting? I've recently started to experiment with painting bright, colorful versions of dogs on fabric. I choose the fabric first, then try to match the personality of the breed with the personality of the fabric. Here's what I've completed so far:

This is my younger black Lab mix, Bailey.


Super fun background calls for a super fun breed- a Boxer!


This was my first attempt at sewing pieces of fabric together. My amazing sewing machine has been neglected for about 4 years now, mainly because I had no clue how to use it. I decided now was the time to figure it out!


1 comment:

  1. I love how you blended the pattern into the subject on the middle one and the sewing on the last one really came out perfectly, both have very strong style, they're great !

    ReplyDelete