Thursday, November 17, 2011

Inspire Me 2011: Project Progress

So I've been working on the painting inspired by Monica's photo of fireworks. You may recall that she was the winner of my "Inspire Me" photo contest. Here's the winning photo:




265924_10101365638341704_9343247_83392227_3020289_o.jpg

I wanted to do multiple panels, and I decided to do 3 long, skinny floating canvases. I LOVE these canvases because the sides are angled, which makes them look like they're floating. After I prepped the panels with black gesso, I painted a dark blue on top of the black. I am super happy with the outcome of this color! The blue on black looks awesome in person, although it's difficult to see the real color from the photos. Depending upon the time of day, the background can range from almost a royal blue to an almost black blue. 

Once I finished the background color, I put on some upbeat jazz and went to town with my palette knife and some bright colors. So much fun!


I'm still not sure if I'm finished with the piece. Some say don't touch it, others say it needs more. What do you think?






No comments:

Post a Comment