Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Summery Artist: knitonefelttwo

Jo's an Aussie who knits and felts (is that the proper term??). Check out her shop!





Tell us a little bit about your shop and how you got started:
Hi there, my name is Jo and my shop is called knitonefelttwo. I am a keen knitter, felter and a real fibre enthusiast based on the Bellarine Peninsular in Victoria, Australia. I'm a working mum, and have a wonderful daughter and husband.

I sell a range of  hand felted and hand knitted scarves, hats, wraps, jewellery and more. I enjoy using a broad spectrum of colour in fresh and bold designs which you can see in my items.  I love my work and enjoy using high quality materials and try to source these locally where I can particularly for felting.  In my felted range of items, I use fine Australian Merino wool which is very soft (15-18 micron) and creates a very soft luxurious fabric. 

I source my supplies from local farms where possible because I think this is a great way of looking after the environment and supporting local small business.


I have always loved to knit. I started knitting when I was around 12 and then started to knit again around 5 years ago. I started to knit scarves, hats and bags and sold many that I produced. I was also introduced to the wonders of felting a year ago and absolutely love it. In fact so much so I am now a member of the Victorian Feltmakers. 

My shop name came from that in the time it takes me to knit one item I can felt two items! So knitonefelttwo.





 
How does the ocean/beach inspire you?
I love the colours and moods of the ocean.  The colours constantly change from day to day and can be a wonderful turquoise blue/green on a hot, calm sunny day to an inky blue and white on rough stormy days. 


 
What is your favorite beach destination? Why?
I love Point Lonsdale which is a local beach.  It offers fabulous walks, views along the coastline to the Great       Ocean Road , rockpooling fun close to the lighthouse and beautifully soft white sand.



*Anyone who uses the promotional code EBNART on checkout will receive 20% off listed price (excl shipping)!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment