Friday, August 5, 2011

Inspire Me 2011: Photo Contest Winner

I can't believe how difficult this was for me to decide on just one photograph. Take a look at the images below and you'll see my dilemma...


(The slideshow uses HTML5, so you may need an updated version of your browser if it doesn't work.)







Even as I'm writing this blog post, I'm still trying to make a final decision. They all use gorgeous colors, and you probably have figured out that I love color.


But, as stated in my original Inspire Me post, I must choose one winner. And the winner is.........












Drumroll........

















Congratulations!!!!


I happened to buy some black gesso yesterday, and I have been wanting to try it out. Then I imagined dripping the fireworks onto the black gesso Jackson Pollock style, only a little less chaotic. And then my ideas started rolling.... Maybe use multiple canvases for the image. Maybe do a bunch in different colors. And so on and so on. I'll keep you all updated on my progress!


Thanks to everyone who participated, I really appreciate the time you took to sort through your photos and post them on my Facebook page. Thanks for helping to inspire me!



No comments:

Post a Comment