Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Summery Artist: Angela's Artistic Designs

Button bouquets?! What an awesome wedding idea!! You are too clever, Angela! When you're done reading her interview, don't forget to check out her shop!





Tell us a little bit about your shop and how you got started:
My daughter got married in Sept.  She said she didn't like flowers for her wedding and wanted a button bouquet instead.  Prior to that, I hadn't heard of them!  I embellished her idea and did a fabulous bouquet for her and fall bouquets for her bridesmaids.  They were such a hit that everyone said, "You should sell these!"

I have always been crafty, even as a child.  I would get craft books out of the library and create some of the items in the books.  Glue and glitter and 2 of my favorite things!  Now I'm learning fine art as well.


 
How does the ocean/beach inspire you?
Oh, I've always loved the beach.  The waves of the ocean are mesmerizing.  I love walking with my bare feet feeling the sand in my toes, letting the water slosh over me.  The beach is serene, calming and healing. 


What is your favorite beach destination? Why?
The Jersey Shore because that's what I grew up with.  I may have a new favorite now, though.  Recently, I went to Okracoke in the Outer Banks for my first anniversary and fell in love with it!  It's Gilligan's Island with shopping! 


1 comment:

  1. This just popped up again in my vision and I wanted to say thanks again for posting this! You did a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete