Friday, July 22, 2011

Unfinished Business

Oh unfinished paintings...I wonder if I will ever complete you.

Why do we start something with so much excitement only to toss it to the side? Do we just lose interest? Do we just get stuck and don't know how to move forward? It seems like artists are notorious for this, but anyone who participates in any sort of home improvement project is probably in the same boat.

Couldn't figure out how to "fix" it.

I have several canvases stacked away that I abandoned for one reason or another. When I'm in a creative slump, my husband will often say "why don't you finish that one painting?" I'm not quite sure why I don't. I'd like to, but I don't.

After 45+ hours, I had to take a break and just never went back.


How do you get over that hump and finish the project? Will they just remain half-complete? Or will a miracle happen and I get started after having a relaxing vacation?

No comments:

Post a Comment