Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Summery Artists: Release Me Creations

Maureen makes ridiculously fun nautical jewelry! Check her out!


Tell us a little bit about your shop and how you got started:
I started crafting jewelry when my Dad was sick with Cancer. I was at home helping my Mom, and spending as much time as possible with him. I found myself in need of a creative outlet while there, as he slept much of the time. I turned to making jewelry. It helped me so much, to be able to get lost in creating a piece. It helped me during the most difficult time in my life. I still rely on my creations to help me find peace in my crazy life.


How does the ocean/beach inspire you?
I have loved the beach and the ocean since I can remember. My Mom always says that I was born with saltwater in my veins. I hope to one day live near the ocean so I can go to it every day.
Everything about the beach inspires me...the sound of the ocean, the smell of the saltwater, the boats, the seagulls...


What is your favorite beach destination? Why?
My favorite beach destination is St. Lucia. I was married there and it was one of the most magical times in my life. My hubby and I were married on the beach, with the tropical blue water, washing up on the beach. It was pure magic. 


Anything else we should know?
I just got my red belt in Tae Kwon Do. It is the first belt in the Advanced Belt division. It means that it is now a legal shot for people to hit me in the face when we are sparring! Eep!
Tae Kwon Do is my other outlet for my stress...it's a little more physical than my jewelry making :)
 
 
Check out Maureen's shop and blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment